Diners raise thousands for charity at Norwich’s Moveable Feast event
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich event which sees diners experience the delights of multiple restaurants in one meal has raised almost £25,000 for a brain condition charity.
The Lloyd Addison's Moveable Feast 2019, which took place in Norwich on Tuesday, September 17, saw the 1,200 attendees sample the taste of 21 restaurants including The Black Horse, The Coach and Horses and Prime.
And the event also saw £24,500 raised for Parkinson's UK, as Earlham Road pub The Black Horse took the title of the night's best restaurant.
Jane Anderson, from Cozens-Hardy LLP, said: "This was our ninth year of sponsoring and it just gets better and better.
"It's a fantastic and hugely enjoyable event that is so well supported by everyone who attends.
You may also want to watch:
"An incredible £7,500 was raised by the raffle alone, so I particularly wanted to extend our thanks to the Parkinson's UK volunteers who helped sell tickets on the night and to all the local companies who donated prizes."
And Shana Böhlen, regional fundraiser for Parkinson's UK, added: "Outside of London, this is the most successful, volunteer-led annual fund raising event for Parkinson's UK in the whole country.
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
- 10 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
"There's a real magic about the event that is created by Cynthia Addison's unwavering dedication and passion, and that of the organising committee.
"The event couldn't happen without the incredible support of the 21 restaurants that take part each year, our wonderful volunteers and the generous Feasters. "We thank them from the bottom of our hearts."