Did you see strange green light in the sky over Norfolk?
- Credit: Archant
A bright green light 'travelling faster than any plane' was seen in the sky above Norfolk at 11pm on Sunday night.
A reader from Upper Stoke, near Poringland, 'saw a really bright green light - which seemed to be torpedo-shaped, travelling across the sky towards Norwich, at great speed but absolutely silently.
'I could see it travelling through and above the clouds as I could see cloud beneath the light. It vanished completely after about three seconds.'
'It was travelling faster than any plane I have seen and was so bright I initially thought firework but it was a) too high; b) there were no other fireworks and c) it made no noise or explosion.
'Guessing this was a meteor of some kind but wondered if anyone else has reported anything and it would help preserve my sanity if they did.'
You may also want to watch:
• Did you see the strange green light in the sky? Let us know by posting a comment below.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham