Did you see strange green light in the sky over Norfolk?
- Credit: Archant
A bright green light 'travelling faster than any plane' was seen in the sky above Norfolk at 11pm on Sunday night.
A reader from Upper Stoke, near Poringland, 'saw a really bright green light - which seemed to be torpedo-shaped, travelling across the sky towards Norwich, at great speed but absolutely silently.
'I could see it travelling through and above the clouds as I could see cloud beneath the light. It vanished completely after about three seconds.'
'It was travelling faster than any plane I have seen and was so bright I initially thought firework but it was a) too high; b) there were no other fireworks and c) it made no noise or explosion.
'Guessing this was a meteor of some kind but wondered if anyone else has reported anything and it would help preserve my sanity if they did.'
You may also want to watch:
• Did you see the strange green light in the sky? Let us know by posting a comment below.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat