Did you see Betty fall in Norwich city centre?
- Credit: Evening News © 2007
An appeal has been made for help to trace a witness who saw an elderly woman fall in Norwich city centre in mid-December.
Norfolk Coroners Office is appealing for help to trace a witness who saw Betty Hunton, 70, from Drayton, who was out shopping on December 19 at about 4pm when, as she walked past Marks and Spencer on St Stephen's Street, it appears she tripped and fell against a wall before hitting the ground.
Sadly, despite being helped at the scene by members of the public and being taken by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, she died on December 22.
Jes Fry, Norwich Coroner's Officer, would like to hear from a young lady and her boyfriend who saw Mrs Hunton fall, spoke to another woman at the scene and used her phone to call for an ambulance.
If you were the woman, or her boyfriend who assisted, or know who it was, phone the coroner's office on 01603 276493.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR