Diamond centre hosts Sprowston Dementia Friendly Community launch event
- Credit: Archant
Several businesses and local groups were invited to a community centre in Sprowston for the launch of a dementia awareness campaign.
The event, held at the Sprowston Diamond Centre, outlined the importance of understanding the condition to ensure people suffering with it feel included.
It was part of the town's efforts to become a Dementia Friendly Community.
A spokesman for the event said: 'Attendees discovered that to be a Dementia Friendly Community people need to be aware of, and understand, dementia so people with dementia will feel included and involved, and have choice and control over their day to day lives.'
Sprowston DFC is running information sessions for anyone wanting to know more about the condition. The free session takes place at the Diamond Centre on Thursday, November 2 at 2pm or 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats