Developer wants to build more homes on Stalham land earmarked for industrial use
- Credit: Archant
Developers Hopkins Homes want to build another 42 homes, including eight affordable properties, in Stalham because no-one is interested in using the proposed land for commercial or light industrial purposes.
Hopkins Homes is applying for full planning permission for the development on a 1.43ha site north-east of Yarmouth Road.
It adjoins land where the firm is already building 150 homes and had been earmarked for commercial use.
But Hopkins Homes claims there has been 'little interest' in such uses, despite attempts to market it.
Stalham town councillors tonight unanimously agreed to raise no objections to the application but want an assurance that a proposed vehicle and pedestrian access from Yarmouth Road would have adequate visibility.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Hanton said: 'I think this site needs to be developed. We have so many areas in this town which are not developed and I think some of them could be developed with industrial units.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?