‘Devastating news for the world and America’ - Southwold councillor and US ex-pat Jessica Jeans reacts to Donald Trump’s shock election as US president
- Credit: AP
'This is devastating news for the world and America' - that is the view of a US national who emigrated to the Suffolk coast about the shock election of Donald Trump as US president.
Barrister Jessica Jeans, a former New York resident who serves on Southwold Town Council, said there was 'absolutely no positive slant' on the businessman's victory over Hillary Clinton in Tuesday's election.
'My family and friends in America and here in the United Kingdom are all devastated as well,' she said.
'I closely followed the elections and it is my perspective that James Comey made a real error in publicising that the investigation into the emails had been reopened.
'There was a huge number of people undecided on how they would vote and that news created uncertainty in their minds which unduly influenced the election.
You may also want to watch:
'I think he will live to regret that decision as well, as he will not want to work under a government that will politicise the justice system,' said Jessica Jeans, who has been a barrister in both England and America.
'President Obama said it all - Trump is not qualified to be president of the United States of America.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
'Trump is delivering very simple solutions and people in times of great distress want a strong character and simple solutions but he will not be able to deliver on these.
'He does not have the right temperament and is not intellectually suitable for the role- it is a sad day for America and the western world.'