Dersingham gardeners and artists fundraise for new village centre
- Credit: Courtesy of Jo Halpin Jones
Gardening enthusiasts and artists of Dersingham have joined forces once more to create the annual Dersingham Open Gardens and Art Trail.
Proceeds from the event, taking place on Sunday, May 27 and Monday, May 28, will go towards the new village centre being built at the church hall opposite St Nicholas Church.
The rebuild will retain the design of the original arts and crafts facade and will offer the village space and facilities for various activities.
Taking place from 11am to 5pm, the event begins at the church where light lunches and cream teas will be served.
Twenty gardens will be open to the public and thirteen artists in nine locations will also open up their studios, showing off their creative skills in painting, drawing, pottery, fused glass creations, photography, and hand made cards.
Tickets cost £5, or £4 in advance, from Dersingham Post Office and is free for under 16s.
For more information, visit: www.dersinghamopengardens.co.uk.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 NCFC LIVE: City kickstart busy festive period at Spurs