Dereham WI members walk Peddars Way to raise £546 for EACH
- Credit: Archant
The Dereham Women's Institute (WI) has raised more than £500 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) after walking the length of Pedders Way.
Five members of the WI decided to take part in the walk at the start of 2017.
Moria Simpson, Marion Cross, Gerry Brown, Christine Humphries, and Brenda Murch completed the 74km distance in seven stages, raising £546.
They walked the 46 miles from Knettishall Heath to Holme-next-the-Sea.
The group described the walk as: 'overall, despite a few mishaps and hold ups along the way, a most enjoyable walk raising money for EACH'.
You may also want to watch:
At the October WI meeting, which was attended by Emma, EACH community fundraiser for Norfolk, Dereham WI president, Christine Humphries, presented the cheque for £546.
Members of the Dereham WI sponsored the walkers and were kept up to date as the walk progressed.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 9 Couple launch new park café after market success
- 10 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home