Two more marathons completed by Dereham super runner in his aim to finish 200
- Credit: Archant
Dereham super runner Ian Odgers is edging towards the amazing target of completing 200 marathons. In the latest in his diary accounts for the Times, he talks about two more he has ticked off.
Well here we are with numbers 179 and 180 completed but the second of these was extremely painful. I will come to that in a moment.
Number 179 was at Redbridge with a lovely view over the city of London.
It was an usual 2pm start and although very muggy there was a couple of welcome drizzles of rain.
You may also want to watch:
Then onto the Darts Marathon, number 180, on the Thames path.
A very hot day yet again but that was the last thing on my mind for the last 23 miles.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 10 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
At three miles in I glanced down at my watch and before I knew what day of the week it was.. Smack! I had run into a metal post. The post was at "that height" - I will let you use your imagination.
I was cut and bruised in places were you don't want to be cut and bruised and it stung too. However, I was not doing a 300-mile round trip for nothing so I got it done.
Slight rest weekend this weekend as I have a short cycle event before the countdown starts again.