Dereham students create a magical drama show
- Credit: Michael Lyons
Dereham Neatherd High School performed their annual school production at the Memorial Hall.
Called Finch's Tale the story was written by the director, Miss Harris, and the cast. It was a dark tale about an orphaned boy named Finch who embarks on a fantastical journey with his best friend Tabitha to search for hope and happiness.
Full of dance, theatre and music, the production involved over 100 students who created moments of humour, horror and mystery in a scary but enchanting event.
The main characters were brilliantly performed by Finlay Reid, Y10 and Emily Gibson, Y11.
Their adventure was full of magical and strange characters that either helped or hindered the young pair, from Kings and Queens to monsters and pirates.
You may also want to watch:
The performance was greatly received by the audience who said: 'It was haunting to watch but at the same time, had a gripping storyline where we didn't want to take our eyes off the stage.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?