Dereham students create a magical drama show
- Credit: Michael Lyons
Dereham Neatherd High School performed their annual school production at the Memorial Hall.
Called Finch's Tale the story was written by the director, Miss Harris, and the cast. It was a dark tale about an orphaned boy named Finch who embarks on a fantastical journey with his best friend Tabitha to search for hope and happiness.
Full of dance, theatre and music, the production involved over 100 students who created moments of humour, horror and mystery in a scary but enchanting event.
The main characters were brilliantly performed by Finlay Reid, Y10 and Emily Gibson, Y11.
Their adventure was full of magical and strange characters that either helped or hindered the young pair, from Kings and Queens to monsters and pirates.
You may also want to watch:
The performance was greatly received by the audience who said: 'It was haunting to watch but at the same time, had a gripping storyline where we didn't want to take our eyes off the stage.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water