Dereham St Nicholas hold floral craft afternoon for children
- Credit: Archant
40 children enjoyed learning how to arrange flowers at a floral craft afternoon at St Nicholas Church in Dereham.
Those attending were able to watch a demonstration of how to create a miniature flower arrangement by Ann Parnell before having the opportunity to make one themselves.
There was also a chance to make floral bracelets, flower cards, floral bookmarks and tissue paper flowers.
As well as producing these flowery creations, the children were also given the option to play games and make lego models.
The free event was part of the Celebrating Open Churches Programme and was just one of a number of activities St Nicholas Church is hosting during the summer holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Are you taking part in a local community event that you want to feature in the Dereham Times or Fakenham and Wells Times? Email the details to email@example.com.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting