Three more marathons completed by Dereham super runner
- Credit: Archant
Dereham super runner Ian Odgers is edging towards the amazing target of completing 200 marathons. In the latest in his diary accounts for the Times, he talks about three more he has ticked off.
So numbers 176, 177 and 178 are all complete.
I was at Great Barrow on the Kirtling route once again and it was slightly cooler than the previous Saturday, but it was still warm and I finished 40 minutes quicker than seven days earlier.
The next day took me back to Great Barrow for the Highwayman out and back route and a slightly slower finish.
You may also want to watch:
Then I travelled to Nonsuch Park in South London.
I was up at 5.30am and out of the house by 6am.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
I arrived and collected my number. I finished the hilly marathon in mix of warm and muggy rain. A nightmare of a journey home due to accidents on the roads it took me five and a half hours.
Still the countdown continues.