Dereham man Richard Beane charged with Toftwood murder has Norwich Crown Court hearing
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man charged in connection with the murder of a 69-year-old man in Toftwood appeared at Norwich Crown Court.
Richard Beane, 49, of Brunswick Close, Dereham, appeared via video link at the brief hearing, and is accused of killing Brian Heed between February 1 and February 6.
Judge Stephen Holt adjourned the case until April 7 for a further hearing.
MORE: Body may have been undiscovered for a few days, say policeBeane was remanded in custody.
Officers were called to Boyd Avenue, Toftwood, at 3.21pm on February 5, after a member of the public reported concerns.
Officers then discovered the body of Mr Heed.
You may also want to watch:
A Home Office post mortem examination was inconclusive; however there was evidence Mr Heed was subjected to a sustained assault, which included the use of a knife.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life