Dereham man Richard Beane charged with Toftwood murder has Norwich Crown Court hearing
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man charged in connection with the murder of a 69-year-old man in Toftwood appeared at Norwich Crown Court.
Richard Beane, 49, of Brunswick Close, Dereham, appeared via video link at the brief hearing, and is accused of killing Brian Heed between February 1 and February 6.
Judge Stephen Holt adjourned the case until April 7 for a further hearing.
MORE: Body may have been undiscovered for a few days, say policeBeane was remanded in custody.
Officers were called to Boyd Avenue, Toftwood, at 3.21pm on February 5, after a member of the public reported concerns.
Officers then discovered the body of Mr Heed.
You may also want to watch:
A Home Office post mortem examination was inconclusive; however there was evidence Mr Heed was subjected to a sustained assault, which included the use of a knife.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney