Dereham man, 86, killed in M11 collision
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An 86-year-old man from Dereham has died in a collision on the M11 in Essex.
Officers were contacted shortly after 3.45pm yesterday, Monday October 2, with reports a blue Toyota Corolla had left the northbound carriageway between junctions 8 and 9 near Newport and was in collision with a tree.
The driver was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, but died a short time later.
The road was shut for a number of hours while investigation work was carried out at the scene and to allow the air ambulance to land.
Police are keen to speak to anyone who was driving on the road at the time of the collision and has dash cam footage.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact Dc James Lee on 01245 240590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace