Community pool reopens after major refurbishment
- Credit: Dereham Leisure Centre
A swimming pool that had been closed for almost six months has now reopened to the public following a major refurbishment.
Dereham Leisure Centre, ran by Lex Leisure, reopened on Wednesday, December 9 after being fully drained and retiled.
Visitors will now be able to restart swimming following the successful completion of the works.
Paul Bealey, centre manager at Dereham Leisure Centre said: “It is fantastic to be open again and be able to offer local residents the opportunity to swim, have fun and get fit in what is effectively a brand new swimming pool.
"Both pools have been fully refurbished alongside toilet and showering facilities.
You may also want to watch:
"I am really pleased with what we have been able to achieve during the closure period and look forward to seeing the pools full of local people again soon.”
Following the government announcement of a new tiered system in England, placing Norfolk in Tier 2, means visitors to Dereham Leisure Centre will be able to use the newly refurbished facilities, though sessions need to be booked in advance.
For more information visit www.leisurecentre.com/welcome-back
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Get used to phone appointments or the NHS collapses - GP tells patients