Dereham club encourages people to have a shot at improving photography skills
- Credit: supplied
A photography club in Dereham, which is celebrating its 30th birthday this year, is looking for new members wanting to improve their skills.
Dereham Photographic Club meets twice a month and is an informative and inspiring place for photographers of all abilities to meet and share new ideas and techniques.
Unfortunately membership is at an all-time low and the current committee is hoping that, having recently received some lottery funding, it can also boost its numbers.
The club has had several successes over the years in winning trophies and competitions.
Rod Rawlings won Amateur Photographer of the Year for his picture Scarecrow in a Rape Field and in last year's club competition Susan Hall was a worthy winner of Photographer of the Year with her theme of Venice.
She said: 'When I first started at the club, about seven years ago, I was very much a beginner and didn't have a proper camera at the time.
'After taking advice and encouragement from the club members, I think I have advanced from novice to improver.'
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 7 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 8 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
Members can also benefit from field trips, tutorials, competitions and mentoring.
Meetings are held at the Methodist Church Rooms, Toftwood, on the first and third Thursdays of the month from 8pm to 10pm.
For more information visit the club's website www.derehamphotographicclub.com or email the chairman Gordon Olley on email@example.com