Curtain set to raise on town blues festival
- Credit: Doreen Aitken
The hugely popular Dereham Blues Festival starts today.
The town is preparing to welcome more than 40 acts and several thousand attendees, as festival organisers have said the show is set to be 'better than ever'.
The opening numbers will be played tonight and the festival runs until Sunday, July 15, with acts performing in 12 town centre venues, and 45 bands, trios, duos and solo performers to entertain the blues enthusiasts expected.
The opening gig features jazz and blues icon Georgie Fame at Dereham Memorial Hall. He has released more than 20 albums and 14 hit singles, including several number ones, and collaborated with artists including Muddy Waters and Eric Clapton.
Entry to all the gigs apart from the opening night is free throughout the festival.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.derehambluesfestival.org.uk/timetable-of-events-18.html. Printed programmes will be available in local venues.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash