Delays to Norwich-bound trains
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A broken down freight train caused the delays.
Trains from London Liverpool Street to Norwich were delayed tonight due to a broken down freight train at Shenfield.
The freight train broke down at 8:30pm, and was cleared by 11pm.
This caused delays of up to 45 minutes.
A spokesperson for Greater Anglia said: 'We apologise for any inconvenience caused to customers travelling tonight.
You may also want to watch:
'We would encourage anyone to claim delay repay where applicable.'
Services are now running normally.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars