Chaos and gridlock on the A47 as police sergeant ‘flabbergasted’ at rubber-necking motorists taking photos
- Credit: Chris Harris
Traffic was blocked on Norfolk roads this morning due to crashes and another vehicle shedding its load.
Delays of around an hour and quarter were expected, also due to a crash at the Postwick junction.
A police spokesman said officers were called at 7.18am to a crash involving four vehicles near the Postwick junction.
The sliproad Dereham-bound has had to close, and one person has minor injuries.
The spokesman said there were 'long tailbacks and delays' while police waited for recovery, and traffic was being diverted via the Broadland Business Park.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Chris Harris, from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team, said: 'Been dealing with a 4 vehicle minor injury collision. Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team have worked tirelessly to get lane one open whilst we wait for recovery and Highways.
'Flabbergasted to see a passing driver taking photos as they drove past the RTC. Not only is this against the law, dangerous and puts [officers] at risk, it's also very disrespectful to all those involved. You will be reported.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
The road reopened shortly after 9am.
Norfolk police also said there were delays on A47 between A146 and A140 westbound due to a shed load.
The road is partially open, with one lane blocked, but police asked motorists to avoid the area if possible while recovery takes place.
The police tweeted: 'Delays in the area whilst the backlog of traffic clears.'
The A47 was also partially blocked heading towards Norwich on the A47 near Hockering.
Police were called at 8.30am this morning to a two vehicle collision between a silver van and a black Mercedes.
No injuries were suffered and recovery attended the scene. The road was cleared by around 9:45am.
A car had also left the A47 and gone onto the verge between Longwater and Easton, Dereham-bound, with police directing traffic.