‘Delays are likely’: Diversion in place as busy road to close for a week
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that delays are likely as a busy road is closed for a week.
Roadworks will be carried out on Walmer Road in Lowestoft next month.
With UK Power Networks carrying out the work between Monday, May 13 and Friday, May 17, the road will be closed and a diversion route will be put in place.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, 'delays are likely' while the work to provide 'network operations maintenance' involving 'moving overhead electrical cables underground' is carried out.
The diversion route, from Walcott Walk in Lowestoft, heads south onto Walmer Road towards Acton Road.
You may also want to watch:
From here turn left onto Acton Road and continue straight on for 0.2km before turning left onto The Avenue.
Continue straight on this road for 0.7km before turning left onto Blackheath Road and after 0.2km turn left once more onto Walmer Road.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms