Delays as A1088 in Ixworth closed due to serious crash
- Credit: Archant
Drivers can expect delays this morning following a crash involving two cars on the A1088 in Ixworth.
Paramedics, firefighters and police remain at the scene of the collision in the west Suffolk village.
The incident was reported at around 6.20am.
Both lanes are blocked, and police are directing traffic.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a 'significant' injury has been reported at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire engines were called to the scene at 6.24am. Crews worked at the for just over an hour.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers