Delays on A11 after crash
- Credit: Archant
Drivers faced delays on the A11 after a crash this morning.
It happened in the Norwich-bound land near Station Road at Wymondham close to the NFU building.
There were conflicting reports on how many vehicles were involved, with Highways England saying four and Norfolk police saying three.
Norfolk police said two lorries and car had crashes, at just before 6am today (Wednesday, February 26).
There was a lot of debris on the road and the road was partly closed.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England had tweeted: #A11 northbound from #Wymondham (B1135) to #Thickthorn roundabout, @NorfolkPolice have closed lane 1 to clear a 4 vehicle road traffic collision. Our Highways Maintenance teams are en-route damage to the road surface. Please approach with caution! #A47 #Cringleford #Norwich."
Norfolk police said that by 8.30am the vehicles had been recovered, but that there were still tailbacks while traffic cleared.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
While people were hurt in the crash, police said none of the injuries were thought to be life-threatening.
The road reopened at about 10.30am.