Delays across Lowestoft as roadworks begin
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are facing traffic delays around Lowestoft as new roadworks have begun.
UK Power Networks started work today (Monday) on a new supply scheme in the Battery Green Road area of Lowestoft.
With multi-way traffic signals in operation there have been reports of long delays and queues of traffic building around Lowestoft town centre as the work is conducted.
Traffic has been affected on the A47 Battery Green Road roundabout, Old Nelson Street, Waveney Road, Gordon Road, Hamilton Road and Whapload Road.
The Distribution Network Operator, who own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England, are carrying out a connections project to install a new supply scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The work is due to be carried out between June 19 and June 30.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project