Decision due over whether Norwich Oktoberfest can be held in Eaton Park
- Credit: AP
A decision will soon be made on whether a German-style beer festival can be held in a Norwich park this autumn.
Mutiny in the Park Ltd wants to hold Oktoberfest Norwich on October 5 and 6.
The organisers held the festival in huge blue tent in the car park behind Norwich City Football Club's Carrow Road stadium last year.
But this year they are hoping they can use Eaton Park for the festival.
Norwich City Council's licensing committee will meet on Friday to decide whether to grant a licence for the event.
The committee last month deferred a decision over the licence because Mutiny in the Park did not send a representative to the meeting where it was being discussed.
The organisers are seeking a licence from 6pm until 11pm on the Friday and from 12pm until 5pm and from 6pm until 11pm on the Saturday.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 9 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Live entertainment mooted includes a German Oompah Band.