Decision due over whether Norwich Oktoberfest can be held in Eaton Park
- Credit: AP
A decision will soon be made on whether a German-style beer festival can be held in a Norwich park this autumn.
Mutiny in the Park Ltd wants to hold Oktoberfest Norwich on October 5 and 6.
The organisers held the festival in huge blue tent in the car park behind Norwich City Football Club's Carrow Road stadium last year.
But this year they are hoping they can use Eaton Park for the festival.
Norwich City Council's licensing committee will meet on Friday to decide whether to grant a licence for the event.
You may also want to watch:
The committee last month deferred a decision over the licence because Mutiny in the Park did not send a representative to the meeting where it was being discussed.
The organisers are seeking a licence from 6pm until 11pm on the Friday and from 12pm until 5pm and from 6pm until 11pm on the Saturday.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 7 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
Live entertainment mooted includes a German Oompah Band.