Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- Credit: Mick Howes
Police are awaiting toxicology results after the body of a man was discovered inside a property in south Lowestoft more than a month ago.
Emergency services were called to London Road South in Kirkley, Lowestoft on Friday, August 20 after concerns were raised for a man's welfare.
After officers gained entry to the property, the man was pronounced dead at the scene and investigations were launched.
With the man’s death still being treated as "unexplained at this stage", police however said this week that there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances, as they wait for the results of toxicology reports.
Officers arrived at the scene just after 10.20am on August 20, with onlookers describing a large police presence throughout the day.
A police cordon was set up, with Forensic Services vans, detectives and patrol cars spotted on London Road South.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said this week: “The cause of death remains unexplained at this stage, pending the outcome of toxicology results.
"However, there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances at this time.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
"A report has been submitted to the coroner.”