Deacon Blue to play Thetford Forest gig
- Credit: Archant
Scottish pop-rockers Deacon Blue are the latest act to be confirmed for this summer's series of Thetford Forest concerts.
The band found success in the 80s with hits such as Dignity, Real Gone Kid, Chocolate Girl and Fergus Sings the Blues plucked from a string of classic albums.
Their first full album in over a decade, The Hipsters, was released in 2012.
They will appear as part of the Forestry Commission's Forest Live gigs at Thetford on July 13, with dates in Dalby Forest, Yorkshire, and Westonbirt Arboretum, in Gloucestershire, also booked in.
Ricky Ross, lead singer, said, 'This is a new adventure for the band. We are looking forward to bringing the full Deacon Blue live experience to these unique locations and we really hope you can join us.'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £40.70 and go on sale on Friday, February 28, from 9am, on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
They are the fourth act to be announced to appear at Thetford Forest this summer, with Suede, Katherine Jenkins and Boyzone all lined up for shows in June and July.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith