Days gone by at Gorleston seafront
- Credit: Gould
We step back in time for a life beside the seaside at Gorleston
2. 24 hours a day the Coastguard service maintains constant watch on shipping around our coasts. Pictured is a member of the Gorleston Coastguard Station watching a vessel appraoch the Harbour mouth. thought to be taken around 1949.
3. The old pier at Gorleston as it used to be – with the well-remembered 'cosies' which made ideal sun-traps and angling sites.
4. Gorleston Pier. The date is unknown but do you recognise any of the fishermen?
5. A quiet Gorleston Pool in June of 1965.
You may also want to watch:
6. Taken in 1957 is the September scene at Gorleston bend.
7. Yarmouth Port and Haven Commissioners have been told that the top structure of the Brush Quay Lighthouse at Gorleston is in serious condition.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
The lighthouse was built around 1878. The Commissioneres have called for a report on the cost of a modern type light mast and the demolition of the lighthouse. Dated 30th April, 1956.
If you recognise anyone in the pictures or would like to tell us more about them you can email email@example.com