Motorcyclist killed in Easter weekend crash is named
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who was killed in a crash in Wretham has been named.
Dovydas Sapalas, 33, died on Saturday, April 20, in a collision on the A1075 Thetford Road, just four days before his 34th birthday.
At an inquest opening in Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday, April 29, his medical cause of death was recorded as extensive injury to the skull due to a road traffic collision.
Emergency services were called at 7.30pm to reports that a Suzuki GSXR motorbike, which was travelling from Watton on the A1075 towards Thetford, was involved in a crash with a chevron sign close to the junction with Church Road.
The court heard Mr Sapalas was a business owner and lived at Bowes Close, Watton. He was born on April 24, 1985 in Lithuania.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake adjourned the inquest until Friday. October 25.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online