Parts of King’s Lynn transformed for filming Armando Iannucci’s David Copperfield
- Credit: Archant
Parts of King's Lynn's historic quarter are being transformed, as the waterfront gets set to be the background for a costume drama.
Movie stars are heading to King's Lynn to film scenes for Armando Iannucci's the Personal History of David Copperfield, which stars Peter Capaldi, Hugh Laurie, Dev Patel and Tilda Swinton.
The Purfleet has been filled with a collection of small boatsd including the restored Baden Powell.
Thearea around Common Staithe Quay and the Custom House has had barrels and other dockside clutter added, while the statue of George Vancouver next to the Custom House has been covered up.
Historic fishing vessel the Baden Powell is set to be berthed in the Purfleet. Filming is expected to start tomorrow and last two days. It is not known who will be appearing in Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
Roads affected by traffic control measures and parking restrictions include King's Staithe Square, South Quay, Saturday Market Place, Chapel Lane and King Street, with a full road closure in St Margaret's Place.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools