Forget the red car in a sinkhole - man in red hat becomes new Facebook Live star
- Credit: Archant
A red car got stuck in a hole, and then nothing happened for the next two hours.
But that did not stop thousands of people tuning in to our Facebook live coverage of the scene on Rouen Road in Norwich.
Rather than switching off, hundreds of viewers took to the comments section to make their own fun.
And as they realised the car was not moving any time soon, their attention turned to passers by - in particular, one man wearing a red hat.
The man, called Dave Cross, could be seen walking around the perimeter of the vehicle, taking numerous shots - oblivious to his growing fame.
You may also want to watch:
One viewer dubbed him: 'The red hat renegade of Rouen Road'. Another said he should be made Norwich's new mascot.
Mr Cross, who lives in Norwich, is a film maker and photographer, who regularly follows the rescue services on the Norfolk coast.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
Unlike the car, which is yet to be moved, he has proved to be slightly more interesting.
Search for the video coverage on the EDP Facebook page at facebook.com/edp24