Dash cam captures the moment a car narrowly avoids being hit by tree during Storm Doris
- Credit: Jackie Worsfold
A dash cam has captured the moment a car narrowly avoided being hit by a falling tree during Storm Doris.
The footage was recorded by Jackie Worsfold in Prospect Road, Oulton Broad at about 11.30am yesterday.
She said: 'Luckily the car in front managed to swerve out of the way, no one was hurt and the car in front only sustained slight damage.
'The power cables were brought down enough for a high vehicle to have hit them so I rang the emergency services who said they would inform National Grid, who in turn phoned me to say they would be out as soon as possible but couldn't say how long as were rather busy with more storm damage.
'People in cars behind all helped to remove the fallen debris in order for traffic to flow again.
You may also want to watch:
'It was quite a scary moment. I'm just glad the driver in front managed to avoid serious injury.'
Storm Doris wreaked havoc across the region yesterday, bringing down hundreds of trees and causing power cuts that left thousands of households and businesses without electricity.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night