Appeal for dash-cam footage after horsebox driver suffers serious head injury
The driver of a horsebox that was involved in a crash on the A47 at Acle at the weekend suffered a serious head injury.
Police said the man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge following the collision and have appealed for witnesses and dash-cam footage.
Officers were called at around 12.30pm on Saturday January 12 to reports of a collision involving an orange Fiat horsebox and a white BMW, which were both travelling towards Great Yarmouth, at the junction with The Windle.
Three occupants of the BMW sustained slight injuries.
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended, but was reopened shortly after 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A horse, Nero, was trapped for around an hour in the aftermath of the collision.
The five-year-old chestnut gelding who lives in the Great Yarmouth area has since made a full recovery with his owner thanking the emergency services for getting him out without injury.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
They should contact PC Stuart Watson at Acle Roads Armed Policing Team on 101 or email: email@example.com quoting reference 182 of 12/01/2019.