Appeal for dash-cam footage after horsebox driver suffers serious head injury
The driver of a horsebox that was involved in a crash on the A47 at Acle at the weekend suffered a serious head injury.
Police said the man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge following the collision and have appealed for witnesses and dash-cam footage.
Officers were called at around 12.30pm on Saturday January 12 to reports of a collision involving an orange Fiat horsebox and a white BMW, which were both travelling towards Great Yarmouth, at the junction with The Windle.
Three occupants of the BMW sustained slight injuries.
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended, but was reopened shortly after 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A horse, Nero, was trapped for around an hour in the aftermath of the collision.
The five-year-old chestnut gelding who lives in the Great Yarmouth area has since made a full recovery with his owner thanking the emergency services for getting him out without injury.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
They should contact PC Stuart Watson at Acle Roads Armed Policing Team on 101 or email: email@example.com quoting reference 182 of 12/01/2019.