Damaged internet cable in Suffolk affects TalkTalk customers
People were today (Tuesday) left without internet access after 200 metres of fibre optic cable was vandalised in Suffolk.
A spokesman for BT said its engineers were working in the Honington area after it was discovered that a fibre cable serving TalkTalk customers had been affected by 'malicious damage'.
'We have arranged emergency traffic light cover and are on-site preparing to dig in and change out the affected section of cabling,' he said.
'We will be working on this until it is completed, and are doing all we can to get this completed as quickly as possible.'
It is not known how many people are affected by the problem.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 10 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country