Swaffham to host Dad’s Army Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Captain Mainwaring and his platoon will be heading for Swaffham this Saturday.
The town will be hosting a Dad's Army Day and will be joined by reenactors from Thetford's Dad's Army Museum.
Lance Corporal Jones will be bringing along his van and rumour has it Mr Churchill will be there as well.
The event will be held between 11am and 3pm and Swaffham Market will have a 1940s flavour to it.
The Thursford organ will be playing some war-time tunes accompanied by singers and there will be cars from the decade too.
You may also want to watch:
The Red Lion organised the platoon visit and will be hosting them, but are hoping other businesses and market traders will get involved by dressing up.
A children's fun fair and military display are among some of the other activities.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 Local pub splashes back into action
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 7 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town
The road on the west side of the market will be closed from the Buttercross roundabout to the Swaffham Café from 8am until 4pm.