Cyclists reach France on charity tour
- Credit: Archant
A couple who are cycling from Gibraltar to London for charity have successfully made it across Spain without a single puncture.
Chris Sams, 34, from Attleborough, and Catarina Stigliano, 27, are undertaking the trip to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices. They left Gibraltar at the start of July.
Mr Sams said he was thrilled with how the venture was going, and said they were looking forward to arriving in Bordeaux, France, tomorrow.
He said: 'We have been dodging snakes, and getting a lot of support from locals. Interestingly we have had no punctures, so no doubt we will get a barrage of them when we arrive in France now.
'The end goal is to complete 'the rock to the clock', meaning we will be arriving at Big Ben on August 9.'
You may also want to watch:
Donations can be made online at justgiving.com/fundraising/Chris-SAMS3
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash