Cyclists complete 308 mile pier to pier challenge in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
He started out on a bike delivering the North Norfolk News. But Duncan Tuffrey has come a long way from his days as paperboy after completing his latest cycling challenge.
Mr Tuffrey completed 308 mile route between Bournemouth Pier and Cromer Pier on Sunday.
The devoted dad took part in the three day endeavour to celebrate his son Adam surviving meningitis.
Now living in Bournemouth, Mr Tuffrey previously cycled from Land's End to John O'Groats to raise money for Meningitis Now.
He was joined by friends Dave Smith, John Preston, Pete Brown on the ride to Cromer with brother Neil providing support.
You may also want to watch:
Insurance sales manager Mr Tuffrey said: 'I grew up in Aylsham and wanted to show the guys the area. I was bright and sunny as we set off, but shrouded in mist by the time we arrived in Cromer.'
The family have donated almost £50,000 through a series of fundrasing events.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Now aged 21, Adam was six when he contracted meningitis. A professional musician he has organised a series of concerts on behalf of the charity.
To make a donation visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/piertopier