Cyclists are back from fundraising trek across Europe
- Credit: Archant
After cycling all the way from the Gibraltar to the UK for charity, Attleborough's Chris Sams and his girlfriend Catarina Stigliano are now enjoying a well-deserved rest.
The couple completed the 2,130km-trek in a month, luckily without a single puncture along the way.
Mr Sams, 34, said they had raised £1,105 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices through the journey.
He said they both loved the experience of exploring Spain and France on two wheels.
Mr Sams said: 'The highlight of the trip had to be the variety each day we experienced as we travelled north.
You may also want to watch:
'The landscapes, foods and people changed as we progressed through both countries; not to mention the temperature dropped considerably as we got closer to the UK.
'In a beautiful small city called Teruel we were able to experience a traditional Spanish fiesta with plenty of dancing in the street.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Mr Sams said cycling through the Pyrenees was one of the trip's biggest challenges.
He said: 'The mountains were crazy, but the views were brilliant.
'It's such a fantastic charity, and we cannot thank people enough for their generosity.'
Donations can still be made online at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Chris-SAMS3