Cyclists are back from fundraising trek across Europe
- Credit: Archant
After cycling all the way from the Gibraltar to the UK for charity, Attleborough's Chris Sams and his girlfriend Catarina Stigliano are now enjoying a well-deserved rest.
The couple completed the 2,130km-trek in a month, luckily without a single puncture along the way.
Mr Sams, 34, said they had raised £1,105 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices through the journey.
He said they both loved the experience of exploring Spain and France on two wheels.
Mr Sams said: 'The highlight of the trip had to be the variety each day we experienced as we travelled north.
'The landscapes, foods and people changed as we progressed through both countries; not to mention the temperature dropped considerably as we got closer to the UK.
'In a beautiful small city called Teruel we were able to experience a traditional Spanish fiesta with plenty of dancing in the street.'
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
Mr Sams said cycling through the Pyrenees was one of the trip's biggest challenges.
He said: 'The mountains were crazy, but the views were brilliant.
'It's such a fantastic charity, and we cannot thank people enough for their generosity.'
Donations can still be made online at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Chris-SAMS3