Cyclist injured in crash during time trial on A11
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A cyclist has been injured in a crash on the A11.
The cyclist was believed to be taking part in a 100-mile Breckland cycling time trial when the incident happened on the morning of Sunday, July 11.
This caused a lane closure on the A11, London Road northbound, from the Snetterton Circuit to the Shropham turn off.
On the AA’s live road traffic map it said the road traffic collision was first reported at around 8.50am.
Organiser Mark Fairhead said the cyclist had been injured but the extent of their injuries is unknown.
Mr Fairhead said that it was an officially-organised event which had been risk assessed, with the appropriate signage in place and the police were aware.
The identity of the cyclist has not yet been revealed.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
The incident had caused long delays on the A11 but the roads are now clear.