Cyclist in 80s seriously injured after crash in Tunstead
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A cyclist in his 80s is in hospital after suffering serious injuries after a crash with a parked car.
The man was cycling in Market Street in Tunstead, near Wroxham, yesterday afternoon.
It was about 2.30pm when he crashed into a parked car near to Tunstead Primary School.
Police said he received serious injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where he is receiving treatment.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who saw what happened or has information about the cyclist's riding manner beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident. It re-opened shortly after 5pm.
Anyone with information should contact PC Dave Carter at Acle Road Policing on 101.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk