Cyclist remains in critical condition following serious crash
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who was taken to hospital after a crash remains in a critical condition, police say.
Emergency services were called just before 7.40pm on Monday, June 11 to reports that a Ford Transit and a bicycle were involved in a crash at the junction of Great Melton Road, Henstead Road and Queens Road in Hethersett.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust treated a man in his 60s for serious head injuries. The man was conscious when the ambulance arrived to take him to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The driver of the van was uninjured.
Great Melton road was closed while emergency services attended and was reopened around 10.40pm.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving/riding of either vehicle prior to the incident.
To contact the police about this matter call 101.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance