Driver arrested after cyclist dies at the scene of crash
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has died following a crash in a Norfolk village.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the male cyclist died at the scene of the crash on the Reepham Road in Swannington yesterday (June 7) at around 4pm.
A 55-year-old man from the Reepham area was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remains in police custody. He was driving a grey Nissan Nevara.
The road was closed for more than five hours whilst emergency services dealt with the incident.
Officers are appealing for witnesses. They particularly want to trace the driver of a small black van who was driving along that stretch of road at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area