Cyclist airlifted to hospital after collision with car in Earsham
- Credit: Colin Finch
A male cyclist was airlifted to hospital after he was involved in a collision with a grey Renault Laguna in Earsham, near Bungay, this morning.
The collision on the A143 Old Railway Road happened shortly after 9am at the junction with Station Road and Hall Road.
Emergency services attended the scene and the cyclist, a man in his 50s, suffered injuries to his hip, pelvis and spine. He was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where his condition was described as serious but stable.
No one in the car was injured.
Police are keen to trace the driver of a white Ford Transit van, or a similar vehicle, which was in the area prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information concerning it should contact PC Tony Foister at Acle Road Policing on 101.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 10 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?