Customers invited to try out pub’s festive-themed ales
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk pub is inviting people to get into the Christmas spirit with some festive-themed ales this month.
The Woodman, in Old Catton, Norwich, is hosting its first ever winter real ale festival throughout this week.
Customers will have the chance to try out 14 guests ales, including Rocking Rudolph and A Good Stuffing.
People can also enjoy mulled cider, both hot and cold, from the pub's taps throughout the week.
Landlord Darren Reilly hoped the festival would bring in some Christmas cheer into his pub.
He said: 'We have entered a into a competition for the best decorated festive pub and I thought at the same time we would do a real ale festival because no one else does during winter.'
'It went down so well over the weekend and everyone has been in the festival spirit.'
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
The 43-year-old is also making sure his pub stands out from the crowd. As well as six Christmas trees, the Woodman is being illuminated by 47 different sets of lights.
The pub is also offering people mince pies with their pints throughout the week.
Mr Reilly added: 'I just think its great that the staff and customers have got involved to make the place look outstanding.
'I have to say my manager loves Christmas and has put a lot of time and effort in this year.
'The comments have been great and the regulars love the different choice of ales available in this festive period.'
He hopes the pub's festive efforts will see it crowned the best in the region as part of a Christmas competition run by owners Enterprise Inns.
The ale festival runs until Sunday December 20.
Is your pub hosting a special Christmas event? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.