Crowds dazzled by Christmas lights and fireworks at Gorleston switch on
- Credit: Archant
Festive fever spread to Gorleston tonight as the seaside town was illuminated first by Christmas lights and then by a dazzling fireworks display.
There were a variety of fun activities available from early in the day, with the outdoor ice rink proving especially popular.
Fusion Hair Consultants, in High Street, was transformed into Santa's grotto and proved to be a must visit destination for children at the event.
At 5pm a large crowd gathered to watch mayor Kerry Robinson-Payne switch on the Christmas lights.
A fireworks display followed creating the perfect festive finale.
Event organiser Kevin Huggins said: 'When the lights started twinkling at dusk a real atmosphere came over the town - it was marvellous.
'This is an important event that brings footfall into the High Street and gives local businesses the chance to promote themselves and give the public the opportunity to discover new places.'
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 8 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 9 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall