Crowds dazzled by Christmas lights and fireworks at Gorleston switch on
- Credit: Archant
Festive fever spread to Gorleston tonight as the seaside town was illuminated first by Christmas lights and then by a dazzling fireworks display.
There were a variety of fun activities available from early in the day, with the outdoor ice rink proving especially popular.
Fusion Hair Consultants, in High Street, was transformed into Santa's grotto and proved to be a must visit destination for children at the event.
At 5pm a large crowd gathered to watch mayor Kerry Robinson-Payne switch on the Christmas lights.
A fireworks display followed creating the perfect festive finale.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Kevin Huggins said: 'When the lights started twinkling at dusk a real atmosphere came over the town - it was marvellous.
'This is an important event that brings footfall into the High Street and gives local businesses the chance to promote themselves and give the public the opportunity to discover new places.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk