Crowdfunder for better atmosphere at Carrow Road hits £3,000 goal
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A fundraising campaign set up by Norwich City supporters to help improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road has outstripped its £3,000 target just days after launching.
The Barclay End Norwich supporters group and fansite Along Come Norwich have launched a crowdfunder campaign to help with their efforts to better project the passion of the Canaries' faithful at home matches.
The groups set a target to raise £3,000, to be used to buy flags, banners and displays for supporters to raise aloft in the Lower Barclay - and potentially the Upper Barclay too.
They said clubs in Europe and, closer to home, those such as Nottingham Forest, Watford and Aston Villa had put on similar displays, with the goal of uniting fans, showing support for the Canaries' players and intimidating the opposition team.
And, in less than a week, they outstripped their target. They said they have already set about arranging things for the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Among the comments from those getting involved on the GoFundMe page were these:
Anthony Faiers said: 'Great initiative here. I've got a season ticket back in the Barclay for the first time in years, having recently moved back from Dortmund. If there's one club who know about creating a good atmosphere, it's them and I fully support you trying to bring some of that to Carrow Road.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
David Vickery wrote: 'My seat is a long way from the Barclay, but I look forward to seeing the results of this initiative Well done for the positive attitude.'
Andrew Rivett-Carnac said: 'Excellent initiative. Deserves to be a storming success.'
The crowdfunder, however, will stay open, with the organisers saying the more they raise, the more they will be able to do over the course of the season.
Barclay End Norwich tweeted: 'Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed. Football without fans is nothing, but neither are we.'
The first 120 people who donate more than £10 will get a Barclay End Norwich pin badge, while One City Strong T-shirts are being sold, with all profits going into the crowdfunder.
People can still donate at https://uk.gofundme.com/improve-the-carrow-road-atmpshere.