Crop fire ‘moving rapidly’ near to Suffolk Tudor mansion
- Credit: Archant
A standing crop fire is said to be 'moving rapidly' near to a Suffolk Tudor mansion – leading to road closures and a major emergency response.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received reports of a fire in a field near Mildenhall, at around 11.50am, and another in Hengrave near Bury St Edmunds, around the same time.
A fire service spokesman said many crews had been sent to tackle the blaze in Hengrave.
'It seems to be moving quite rapidly,' the spokesman added.
As many as 30 fire service vehicles have been called out to the two fires.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary had been called on to close the A1101 to assist the emergency response.
A police spokesman said the road had been closed between The Three Kings Inn in Fornham St Martin and Flimpton village.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
The fire is near to Hengrave Hall – but there have been no reports of any danger to property or people.