Cromer Pier hosts Royal Wedding fun
Cromer's landmark pier took on a patriotic flavour as its bunting-decked boards staged a outdoor Royal Wedding party.
Two hundred and fifty children sat down at a long table on the decking to tuck into sandwiches, cake and ice cream.
Entertainment came from a Punch and Judy Show, local clowns Uncle Razz and Auntie Pearl, and a range of musician from dialect songster Danny Platton to the Idunno Band.
At lunchtime children headed to the beach to build 'sandcastles fit for a princess', which the tide then swept away as the party on the pier itself got under way.
The weather was windy and a little chillier than inland, but organisers Tony West and Lobby Clohisey from the town's carnival committee, said the day went well with holidaymakers as well as locals joining in the fun.
In the town local horse and carriage owner Joe Cook gave his passengers a chance to relive the Royal Wedding couple's journey from the Abbey - by giving them masks for their trotting trip around town.
And Fancy This fancy That novelty goods shop owners Chris and Kath Lynch said they had sold out of more than 2,000 items of bunting, tea towels and Kate and William souvenirs as wedding fever took off in the last two weeks.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 6 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
Royal wedding sandcastle winners were: under-sevens Zak and Dillon, over eights Tony, pairs Ellie and mum and groups the Cromer Crabs.
Crown competition winners were Elsie and Emil Holopainen, Imogen Barrett, Esme Jonas, Ellen Hedge, Phoebe Last, Thomas Petch, Grace Fairlough-Bussey, Henry Jonas, Teddy Duff and Max Barrett.