Cromer pier gearing up for re-launch after storm damage repairs
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Pier is gearing up to reopening its revamped box office, restaurant at Easter after they were badly damaged by the December 2013 sea surge.
Marketing and sales manager Jo Artherton said contractors were close to finishing off the structural work - and the venue was also looking to recruit a new team of 'customer service assistants' for the coming season.
The new jobs were part of the re-launch of the pier and would work in all areas of the business - bar, gift shop, restaurant and kiosks.
It would ensure a 'consistent and flexible approach to welcoming visitors to the pier.'
They were looking for 'positive, friendly and versatile' people to give a good first impression and provide excellent customer service.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were now deciding on furnishings, colour schemes and how the different areas will look in the repaired buildings.
Miss Atherton praised the team for working in difficult temporary locations including dressing rooms, a portable building, without storage or equipment – most of which got washed away in the storm and were 'very excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel'.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
For more information email BoxOffice@thecromerpier.com.