Cromer listed as one of the most desirable places to retire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Cromer has been listed as one of the most desirable places to retire to in the UK.
The Norfolk seaside town was voted the sixth most popular place for Brits to put their feet up after a long life of work.
Cromer received 9pc of the vote, coming behind first place Salcombe in Devon and Whitby in Yorkshire.
The study, conducted by McCarthy & Stone, found that many Brits are retiring to the seaside, with coastal locations topping the list.
Richard Leeds, the mayor of Cromer said: "I think Cromer is a prime place to retire to. Being born and bred here I think it is the best place.
"I have travelled all around the world and I still think it is the best, my favourite thing is just walking around the quiet lanes."
The survey showed that 28pc of people from the east longed to retire in Cromer and while 14pc would prefer Salcombe.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze