Cromer jeweller displays her wares in North Norfolk District Council’s free exhibition space
- Credit: Archant
A local craftswoman is the latest person to be given free exhibition space in a prominent north Norfolk venue.
Jeweller Bev Harding will be displaying examples of her work at North Norfolk District Council's headquarters over the Christmas and new year period.
NNDC offers opportunities to local artists to display their work for free in the council gallery and in turn the displays give staff and visitors to the Holt Road, Cromer, building the opportunity to see a variety of different artists' work. Currently six exhibitions are held each year.
Cromer resident Ms Harding has been making costume jewellery and gifts for more than 25 years.
Her work includes gemstones and pearls, as well as reclaimed and recycled elements, some beachcombed around Norfolk's coast.
You may also want to watch:
Items in her Exquisite Crystals exhibition will be for sale and she is available to make bespoke commissions in the run-up to Christmas.
Becky Palmer, the council's cabinet member for leisure and culture said: 'It's great to be able to offer craftspeople and artists a space to exhibit their works. This is a lovely collection of handmade jewellery and we are pleased to be able to host them.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
Exquisite Crystals runs from November 24 to January 25 next year.
The first-floor gallery is open to the public on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am-5pm; Wednesday 10am-5pm; and Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.